The salesman is responsible for generation leads that will result in sales. Design landscapes, bid on new/existing projects, meet with clients and work with foreman to complete the job on time and budget. Maintain client’s relations through repeated contact and great customer service. Generate paperwork/reports as required, including landscape design lead sheet. Select proper material/specifications a needed for individual jobs.
Typical work activities include: generation leads, landscape design, bidding on work, selling jobs, receiving signed contract, pre-construction preparation, project management, post construction follow up, photography and warranty related issues.
The position requires great attention to detail, through knowledge of specifications, production rates, pricing, bidding process. Have good vendor relationships, sales experience, design program knowledge, confidence, and superb written and oral communication skills. Networking is a vital part of this position and designer must be experienced and self-motivated in this area.
These Duties will include but are not limited to:
1. Generate Leads: from owners, architects, builders, door to door sales, referral call, service check lists, etc. (schedule own appointments)
2. Landscape design: obtain authorized design proposal, collect payment
3. Bid on design work: provided in house or by others
4. Paperwork: keep Landscape design lead sheet” current and up to date
5. Sell job/receive signed contract: meet with clients, negotiate contracts, receive payments on big jobs and walk through with customer over the phone on smaller jobs
6. Pre-construction preparation: purchase orders, estimated hours/material sheet, material selection/samples with owner, obtain permits, special material ordering (items that require advanced notice)
7. Project management: review plans/specifications with foreman/general contractor/builder/subcontractors, get job started, collect progress payments, regular meetings with owner, contract change orders, progress invoicing, T&M billing, schedule deliveries by others
8. Post construction: final invoice/statements, final payment on larger jobs, final walk thru, landscape checklist, maintenance brochure, customer satisfaction, send out thank you cards, send a gift to larger customers, job score sheet
9. Photography: Beginning, during, after photos
10. Warranty: Warranty walk thru, create warranty work orders
11. Pre sales call and follow up calls: to be made after 4:00 PM
12. During the sale: show the actual product and examples, have a notebook during the presentation write out notes, give warning and control customers’ expectations
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Achievement of annual revenue sales goal
2. Complete projects on budget and above profitability requirements
3. Bid and design projects in a timely manner with efficient turnaround time
4. Provide excellent customer service to be reviewed by landscape checklist, design survey and construction survey
5. Attendance arrive on time to work, show up to work according to schedule
6. Paper work and systems are completed and followed according to company standards
7. Build a contact list according to company structure with notes during all phases of contact. Contacts are neatly organized in company database or on excel spreadsheet.